Women in Agriculture Certification Program
Our Women in Agriculture certification program is currently in development. Through cooperation with various sustainable agriculture organizations and learning institutions, we are developing a program to help women enter the agriculture arena.
This program is designed to help women acquire the skills necessary to operate their own small scale farming venture, develop a solid business plan, secure funds needed to acquire their farm and hands on experience in raising animals, vegetables & flowers.
Additional components of the program include:
- Creating Value Added products (such as soap, cured & pickled products, dried flowers, etc.)
- Determining skills already possessed and those needed in order to run a viable farming operation
- Basic animal husbandry skills
- Basic Equipment Maintenance and Repair
- Developing a niche product
- Marketing your niche product
- Evaluating resources to determine what sort of operation to create
- Determining basic needs to run intended operation (equipment, animals, seed, etc.)
- Finding resources and funding to start and run an operation
- Connecting with experienced farmers for internships, and possible partnerships
- Developing a business plan, preparing budgets, on farm accounting requirements, legal and financial considerations
- Much, Much More!
Please check back to see our progress with this exciting, new project. We are very enthusiastic about helping women future farmers get off to a good start with their farming adventure!